Are you looking for help with physical therapy in Palm Desert? The team at Le Roy Chiropractic Corporation is here to help. If you’ve had an injury or condition that has sidelined you from enjoying your normal activities, physical rehabilitation can go a long way toward getting you back to doing what you enjoy most. Le Roy Chiropractic Corporation offers a full spectrum of rehabilitative services at its office in Palm Desert, California, services aimed at rebuilding your body as quickly as possible while avoiding re-injury. To start enjoying life again, call or make an appointment online at Le Roy Chiropractic Corporation.
Conditions That Physical Therapy Help in Palm Desert CA
Physical therapy helps restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. Physical therapy or "medically directed rehab" helps restore, maintain, and promote overall fitness and health. Our Palm Desert patients include accident victims and individuals with disabling conditions such as low-back pain, arthritis, heart disease, fractures, head injuries, and cerebral palsy.
Treatment often includes exercise; especially for patients who have been immobilized or who lack flexibility, strength, or endurance. Physical therapy helps encourage patients to use their muscles to increase their flexibility and range of motion. More advanced exercises focus on improving strength, balance, coordination, and endurance. The goal is to improve how an individual functions at work and at home.
Physical therapy also helps treat a wide range of disorders; such as pediatrics, geriatrics, orthopedics, sports medicine, neurology, and cardiopulmonary physical therapy.
FAQ's About Physical therapy
What is physical therapy?
- The rehabilitation specialists at the Le Roy Chiropractic Corporation believe that it takes a well-rounded team to get you back to your daily activities after you’ve suffered an injury or are recovering from a medical condition. That team may include:
- Rehabilitation physicians
- Athletic trainers
- Strength and conditioning coaches
- The overall goal of functional rehabilitation is to restore your strength and mobility. Le Roy Chiropractic Corporation uses three-dimensional movements — front to back, side to side, and top half/bottom half — to prepare your whole body to return to your daily routine. By strengthening weakened muscles progressively and smartly, the team re-educates your body while avoiding further injury along the way.
What forms of physical therapy are most effective?
At the Le Roy Chiropractic Corporation, the rehabilitation team uses several effective approaches, often in combination, that help you regain your strength, such as:
- Laser therapy: Le Roy Chiropractic Corporation offers Diowave® laser therapy, which is approved by the Food and Drug Administration, to speed up your body’s natural healing response. The laser stimulates regeneration of your cells, while also reducing pain and swelling in the affected area.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound therapy works by sending sound waves that penetrate several inches into your tissue to break down scar tissue and reduce swelling and inflammation around injured areas.
- Electrical muscle stimulation: Electrical muscle stimulation works to relax your muscles, increase your blood flow, and reduce your pain in the targeted areas.
- Rapid release technique: Using specialized equipment, the physical therapy experts use an oscillating instrument to break down scar tissue and post-surgical adhesions to ensure proper healing.
- Chiropractic care: Continued chiropractic care in conjunction with physical therapy increases your chances of a quick and successful healing process.
What physical therapy exercises can I do at home?
- Under the guidance of a Le Roy Chiropractic Corporation rehab specialist, you receive exercises you can do at home that build on the foundation of your office visits to speed up your healing.
How Physical therapy Works
Le Roy Chiropractic Corporation of Palm Desert was designed to provide an ideal environment for healing your body, through chiropractic, massage or physical therapy. When you arrive at our office, our physicians will take a thorough history, and evaluation of the entire body including posture and biomechanics, range of motion and joint mobility to find out the cause of pain or disability. You will then discuss treatment options and goals, so that we can customize a treatment plan catered to you.
Each session will last roughly one hour. The frequency of visits and the length of treatment is determined by the physician who prescribed the treatment.
The results are typically a result of the patient’s commitment. When the patient follows the plan, does their exercises as often as suggested and using the proper techniques, the treatment is typically very successful.
Before Your Appointment
It is a good idea to arrive at your physical therapy appointment properly dressed. It is best that you wear snug comfortable clothing that doesn't restrict your movement. It is also a good idea to bring your insurance card, a form of identification, the prescription that your physician gave you, and if needed, your co-pay.
Types of Physical Therapy We Offer
Electrical Muscle Stimulation
Electrical Muscle Stimulation is an exceptional way to help the body in the healing process. This is accomplished by sending a very small electrical current into the affected soft tissue injury or muscle spasm. The therapy utilizes this current in an effort to help reduce swelling and release trigger points that may have the muscle locked up. It does this by helping the body to release natural relievers of pain often referred to as endorphins.
This is a great therapy if there is a spasm in a back or neck muscle. It works well in relaxing the muscle and allowing it to return to its normal state rather quickly. Short therapy sessions are excellent at facilitating healing from acute and chronic pain.
Inferential Electro-Therapy is an excellent method of helping the body deal with spasms, sprains, and issues related to soft tissues. This therapy accomplishes this with a very low simulated frequency that is put on the soft tissue. The feeling of this therapy is very light and most patients feel very comfortable during the treatment.
In addition to this therapy simulating the body's natural healing method by helping it to produce natural pain killing endorphins, it also helps with the release of these strains, spasms and soft tissue issues.
Ultrasound is a therapy that is utilized in the office to handle injuries related to joints, muscle spasms, as well as most soft tissues. While it shares the same name, this ultrasound is not the same as the type of ultrasound utilized diagnostically to screen internally in the body. This ultrasound creates small sound waves that in effect vibrate and massage soft tissues and muscle. These sound waves do an excellent job in facilitating the body's healing process in addition to decreasing scar tissue formation.
Certain ultrasounds also create a heating effect to help relax the muscles or tightness in the body. This heat combined with the overall features of the ultrasound help to start the healing process at the most basic cellular level speeding up your road to recovery.
If you are interested in physical therapy in Palm Desert, call our Le Roy Chiropractic Corporation team today!
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 4:00pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 4:00pm
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 4:00pm